Okay folks, now always consult with your phsycian as all skin types react different to other chemicals and such.These are a few secrets I found online.
Do you need a quick glow to your skin and all over healthier look? Bend over at the waist, as far as you can possibly go, and hold to the count of thirty.
For cellulite, scrub the skin with a bristle brush or loofah. Brush in slow sweeps, always toward the heart. There are gloves and mitts available to do this, but they're not necessary. Try to do this at least five minutes every day.
Also for cellulite - Copy the expensive herbal wraps offered by top spas. Mix a cup of corn oil with 1/2 cup of grapefruit juice and 2 teaspoons dried thyme. Massage into hip, thigh, and buttock areas. Cover with plastic wrap to lock in body heat. For extra results lay a heating pad over each area for five minutes.
Right from the can, Crisco is a big secret among beautiful women. Use it to remove makeup and as a highly effective moisturizer. Hospitals even use it to treat psoriasis and eczema.
Raw potato slices contain potassium to take away dark circles under the eye.
To lighten age spots and sun-damaged skin, mix the juice of 1 lemon, 1 lime, 2 tablespoons of honey, and 2 ounces of plain yogurt. Gently massage into each spot. Use at least once a week.
The best leave-in conditioner for your hair is nothing other than laundry room fabric softener. It's very strong, so be sure to dilute it. Suggestions: 1 cup water, 1/2 cup fabric softener.
Parsley is rich in chlorophyll. It is a major ingredient in leading breath fresheners, such as Clorets and Certs. Don't spend lots of money for internal breath fresheners, eat parsley!
Create your own tinted lip gloss. Simply mix any of your favorite lipsticks with a dab of Vaseline.
A little bit of red or orange in the center of the lips makes them look fuller.
To make the whites of your eyes look brighter, use a light blue pencil under the eyes. Blue eye shadow lightly applied under the eyes works just as well.
When coloring hair - Color hair that has not been washed for 1 day. The natural hair oils will assist in making the hair color application more successful. The color will cling better to hair that is not dry.
To alleviate puffy, swollen eyes place bags of frozen peas under the eyes.
Degrease oily hair with witch hazel when you don't have time to shampoo. Apply to roots with a cotton ball.
To help relieve dandruff, add 30 plain aspirin to a full bottle of your regular shampoo. Apply and rinse as usual.
To make you own facial mask, mix a handful of 100% all-natural kitty litter with a 1/2 cup water and apply a facemask.
Manicure - Mix one cup of warm water and the juice of one-half lemon. Soak your fingertips for five minutes. Rinse and pat dry, pushing back cuticles. Rub lemon peel against your nails, back and forth vigorously. Finish by buffing with a soft cloth.
Your nail polish will always be smooth and easy to apply it you store it in the refrigerator. Frosted nail polish will not separate. However, if it has hardened or is gummy, place the bottle in a pan of boiling water. The polish will be like new.
Oily skin holds perfume scents longer than dry skin. So, before applying perfume, rub a very thin layer of Vaseline or petroleum jelly on your skin and you will smell delicious for hours.To remove the redness from pimples, rub a tiny spot of visine on the pimple.
Worried about cellulite? Rub used coffee grounds where the problem exists (cellulite cream is mostly caffeine based).
To raise the ph level of shampoo, add aspirin to it.
Need an emery board and can't find one? You can use the strike plate on a book of matches.
Rubbing Pepto-Bismal® on your skin is a better facial than peel off masks.
How to Reduce Wrinkles
- One of the best strategies to counter skin damage is to stay out of the sun. Sun exposure is one of the biggest culprits and the damage done today will reveal itself later. Try to plan activities when the sun is at its weakest and, if possible, wear a hat that shades your face. Avoid sun bathing at all costs. Tanned skin isn’t worth the later unattractive wrinkled effects.
- Try to quit or cut back on smoking. Smoking appears to affect collagen and elastin and can actually thin the skin, leading to skin wrinkling.
- Nourish your skin from the inside. Get plenty of omega-3s such as found in flax seeds. These fatty acids help to keep skin looking young and healthy.
- Hydrate your skin from the inside. In other words, drink lots of water, because being moisturized on the inside can help the outside. Keeping yourself hydrated is a good health measure at any time.
- Eat more colored vegetables. Vegetables contain antioxidants that can prevent free radical damage, which contributes to wrinkles.
- Use Vitamin E oil on your facial skin to keep it soft and young looking.
- Use topical vitamin C. Vitamin C can increase collagen production. The L-ascorbic acid form of vitamin C is thought to provide the greatest benefit.
- Aloe Vera gel is also a great moisturizer for skin.
Natural Treatments for Eczema
Herbal supplements for eczema can be a boon. Eczema supplements work to detoxify the body and enhance liver function, which has proven helpful for eczema sufferers.
Beneficial Herbs for Eczema
- Burdock root
- Red clover
- Yellow dock
- Milk thistle
- Pau D’Arco
- Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) (found in licorice root, evening primrose oil, borage oil, and chamomile) is a fatty acid that may help to control eczema. GLA is believed to act upon skin lipids, implicated in inflammation.
- Flax seed oil–people with atopic eczema may have trouble metabolizing fats. Flax contains omega-3 fatty acids and can help with digestion and healthier skin.
Herbal eczema supplements often contain a blend of beneficial ingredients, which work in tandem to clear eczema.
Topical Natural Remedies for Eczema
- Aloe Vera or Gotu Kola can be used as natural topical agents to relieve itching. The juice or gel should be rubbed on the affected area.
- Herbal extracts of chamomile and licorice have shown promise in clinical trials. Chamomile cream rendered better results over a standard hydrocortisone cream.
- Organic coconut oil contains medium-chain fatty acids (MCFA), which give the oil healing properties
It’s a good idea consult with a natural practitioner or herbalist before trying a natural eczema remedy. A knowledgeable practitioner can recommend a natural treatment for eczema and track what might be contributing to the condition.
You don’t have to suffer with eczema, nor ride the merry-go-round of flare-ups and cessation associated with steroid drug use. Address underlying causes and utilize effective natural treatments for eczema. Soon, you’ll be free from this troubling skin condition.
Natural beauty . . . naturally. How to enhance your appearance using natural methods.
Many people worry about the chemicals and questionable substances in skin and hair care products. Beauty products can have a definite down side. What you apply to your skin and hair today, creeps into your system tomorrow.
Looking good doesn't have to cost the roof, nor should it expose you to dangerous chemicals. You can enhance your looks using these beauty tips and tricks that discuss safe beauty products
Olive oil has been used for many centuries as a beauty booster~
Olive oil is more than just a cooking ingredient. It has seen wide use down through the ages as a beauty product as well , from adding luster to hair to softening the skin. Pamper your whole body using healthful olive oil–nature’s beauty secret.
- Do you want shiny hair? Olive oil makes a great hair conditioner. Apply to clean hair and wrap in a warmed towel. Allow to sit for 20 minutes then rinse well. If you suffer from frizzy hair, olive oil may tame your unruly locks. Olive oil can also help with split ends and dandruff.
- Rub olive oil into dried and cracked feet every evening then cover them with socks before retiring. Soon, you will have soft, younger-looking feet with skin that is far more supple and healthy looking.
- Use olive oil to remove make-up and condition your facial skin at the same time. Add a few drops of oil to a cotton swab or a Q-tip.
- Use olive oil as a wrinkle reducing application. Many users swear by olive oil, as a natural way to pamper skin and curb the ravages of aging. Applying a small amount each evening before retiring may delay aging.
- Reduce chapped lips by rubbing in a little olive oil before going out in colder weather.
- Keep nails and cuticles healthy by applying olive oil. Dip nails in olive oil and allow to permeate. The oil will help to combat dry nails.
- Add a couple of drops of olive oil to your bath water for total skin softening. Olive oil contains natural organic compounds that are good for you—both inside and out!
- Use olive oil as a scalp conditioner, applying small amounts of oil and rubbing into problem areas. This helps to reduce scaly patches.
- Use a paste of olive oil and salt or sugar as an all-over body scrub.
- Rub olive oil into hands and elbows to soften hardened areas.